The vision of the Department of Atomic Energy is to empower India through technology, creation of more wealth and providing better quality of life to its citizen. This is to be achieved by making India energy independent, contributing to provision of sufficient, safe and nutritious food and better health care to our people through development and deployment of nuclear and radiation technologies and their applications.
- User Ministries/Departments of Central Govt. and State Govt. dealing with energy, agriculture, food, health, education, oil and petroleum, industry, science and technology etc.
- Quasi Govt. Organizations, NGOs, industrial organizations, educational institutes.
- Electricity Boards, Hospitals, Research/Medical/Educational/Academic Institutions, agriculturists etc.
The Department is engaged in the design, construction and operation of nuclear power/research reactors and the supporting nuclear fuel cycle technologies covering exploration, mining and processing of nuclear minerals, production of heavy water, nuclear fuel fabrication, fuel reprocessing and nuclear waste management. It is also developing advanced technologies which contribute to the national prosperity. The human resource developed and technical services being rendered by the Department have been greatly helping the Indian industry.
The Department is also developing better crop varieties, techniques for control/eradication of insects thus protecting the crops, radiation based post harvest technologies, radiation based techniques for diagnosis and therapy of disease particularly cancer, technologies for safe drinking water, better environment and robust industry.
The mandate of the Department, on which its programmes are based, covers :
- Increasing share of nuclear power through deployment of indigenous and other proven technologies, along with development of fast breeder reactors and thorium reactors with associated fuel cycle facilities;
- Building and operation of research reactors for production of radioisotopes and carrying out radiation technology applications in the field of medicine, agriculture and industry;
- Developing advanced technologies such as accelerators, lasers, supercomputers, advanced materials and instrumentation, and encouraging transfer of technology to industry;
- Support to basic research in nuclear energy and related frontier areas of science; interaction with universities and academic institutions; Support to research and development projects having a bearing in DAE’s programmes, and international cooperation in related advanced areas of research, and
- Contribution to national security.
DAE Programmes Relating to the National Common Minimum Programme:
High potential domains for develop applications:
Enhanced production of oilseeds and pulses.
Education & Health:
Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI)
National Initiative on Undergraduate Science (NIUS)
Countrywide Services in Cancer through Telemedicine
Food & Nutrition Security:
Radiation Processing of Food & Agro Products.
Desalination in water scarcity areas along the sea coast.
Electricity supply in near and long term ensuring long term sustainable development. Rule of Nuclear Power as Primary Energy Source in the years to come.
Whom To Contact:
Public Grievance and complaints
Additional Secretary, Public Grievances Officer & Chief Vigilance Officer, Department of Atomic Energy, Anushakti Bhavan, C.S.M. Marg, Mumbai – 400 001.
Tel. No. 022-22022816
Shri Ravi Shanker, Head, Public Awareness Division, Department of Atomic Energy, Anushakti Bhavan, C.S.M. Marg, Mumbai – 400 001.
Government of India
Department of Atomic Energy
Anushakti Bhavan, C.S.M. Marg,
Mumbai - 400 001
WE, THE PUBLIC SERVANTS OF INDIA DO HEREBY SOLEMNLY PLEDGE THAT WE SHALL CONTINUOUSLY STRIVE TO BRING ABOUT INTEGRITY AND TRANSPARENCY IN ALL SPHERES OF OUR ACTIVITIES. WE ALSO PLEDGE THAT WE SHALL WORK UNSTINTINGLY FOR ERADICATION OF CORRUPTION IN ALL SPEHERES OF LIFE. WE SHALL REMAIN VIGILANT AND WORK TOWARDS THE GROWTH AND REPUTATION OF OUR ORGANISATION. THROUGH OUR COLLECTIVE EFFORTS, WE SHALL BRING PRIDE TO OUR ORGANISATIONS AND PROVIDE VALUE BASED SERVICE TO OUR CONTRYMEN. WE SHALL DO OUR DUTY CONSCIENTIOUSLY AND ACT WITHOUT FEAR OR FAVOUR.
THIS OFFICE IS THUS COMMITTEED TO MAINTAINING THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF ETHICS IN ITS WORKING TOWARDS ACHIEVING THE ABOVE OBJECTIVE, ALL ARE REQUESTED:
- NOT TO PAY BRIBE
- IF ANYBODY IN THIS DEPARTMENT OR ITS OFFICES ASKS FOR BRIBE: [OR]
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON CORRUPTION: [OR]
IF YOU ARE A VICTIM OF CORRUPTION IN ANY OF OUR OFFICES.
YOU MAY COMPLAIN TO:
ADDITIONAL SECRETARY, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES OFFICER & CHIEF VIGILANCE OFFICER, DEPARTMENT OF ATOMIC ENERGY, ANUSHAKTI BHAVAN, C. S. M. MARG, MUMBAI – 400 001.
YOU MAY ALSO COMPLAIN TO:
CENTRAL VIGILANCE COMMISSION, SATARKTA BHAWAN, BLOCK ‘A’, GPO COMPLEX, INA, NEW DELHI – 110 023.